I am proud to serve on the House Energy and Commerce Committee. This committee has broad jurisdiction over many aspects of government directly related to the everyday lives of Oklahomans, including health care, energy production and consumer safety.
The committee oversees departments including: the Departments of Energy, Health and Human Services, Commerce and Transportation. Our oversight also extends to the Environmental Protection Agency, Federal Trade Commission, Food and Drug Administration, and the Federal Communications Commission.
Within the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, I sit on the following three subcommittees:
Health: This subcommittee creates health policy and provides oversight for the various healthcare entities including the Department of Health and Human Services, Medicare, Medicaid, and the National Institute of Health.
Environment and Climate Change: This subcommittee deals with all matters related to soil, air, noise and water contamination; emergency environmental response, both physical and cybersecurity. In particular, the subcommittee has jurisdiction over The Nuclear Waste Policy Act, The Clean Air Act, The Safe Drinking Water Act, Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act – including Superfund and the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act, The Solid Waste Disposal Act, The Toxic Substance Control Act and The Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Program. Under the Clean Air Act, this subcommittee deals with National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for criteria pollutants; National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) Standards; New Source Performance Standards (NSPS); Mobile Source Standards for vehicles, aircraft, fuels and fuel additives, including the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) and greenhouse gas emissions from motor vehicles. The subcommittee focuses on the regulation of solid, hazardous, and nuclear wastes, including mining, nuclear, oil, gas, and coal combustion waste.
Oversight and Investigations: This subcommittee is responsible for conducting oversight and investigations of any matter related to the jurisdiction of the full committee.
Additionally, I am an active member of several Congressional caucuses.
- Indian Health Service Task Force – Co-Chair
- Innovation Caucus – Co-Chair
- Men’s Health Caucus – Co-Chair
- Regulatory Review Caucus – Co-Chair
- Native American Caucus – Vice-Chair
- Addiction, Treatment and Recovery Caucus
- Alzheimer’s Caucus
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Caucus
- Community College Caucus
- Congressional Azerbaijan Caucus
- Congressional Border Security Caucus
- Congressional Bowhunting and Archery Caucus
- Congressional Caucus on Foster Youth
- Congressional Chemistry Caucus
- Congressional Chicken Caucus
- Congressional Coal Caucus
- Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute
- Congressional Fertilizer Caucus
- Congressional Fire Services Caucus
- Congressional Moldova Caucus
- Congressional Motorsports Caucus
- Congressional Natural Gas Caucus
- Congressional Paper Caucus
- Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus
- Congressional Steel Caucus
- Congressional Taiwan Caucus
- Congressional Water Caucus
- Congressional Western Caucus
- Heroin Task Force
- Medicaid Task Force
- National Guard Youth ChalleNGe Caucus
- Rare Disease Caucus
- Republican Israel Caucus
- Republican Study Committee
- TRIO Caucus
- Values Action Team