Mullin Opposes Democrats’ Build More Inflation Act
Washington, September 15, 2021
Congressman Markwayne Mullin (OK-02) released the following statement after voting against the Build More Inflation Act, which passed the full Energy and Commerce Committee. The Build More Inflation Act is part of the Democrats’ $3.5 trillion tax and spend spree.
“The Build More Inflation Act is a step closer to a complete socialist takeover by the Democrats,” Mullin said. “From a massive investment in the Green New Deal to expanding government-controlled health care, this $1 trillion portion will kill jobs and take away freedom. And this is just a fraction of the larger, $3.5 trillion tax and spend spree that will saddle future generations with crippling debt. The American people are already paying more for just about everything and they are the ones who will suffer the consequences. This is not what our country is about. I will continue to fight back against these dangerous policies and reckless spending.”
The $1 trillion package includes:
· A tax on natural gas, driving up costs of energy and manufacturing.
· Unrealistic clean energy standards to meet Paris Climate Accord standards.
· More federal health spending and control than Obamacare.
· Expansions of Medicare, making it closer to insolvency.
· Incentives to keep children out of school and prioritize remote learning.
· Handouts to the Federal Trade Commission without privacy protections for Americans.
Democrats rejected almost all amendments submitted by Republicans including amendments to:
· Exempt farmers, ranchers, and agriculture operators from the Natural Gas Tax. The tax is estimated to cost $6,500 per dairy cow, $2,600 per head of cattle, and $500 per swine each year.
· Prohibit taxpayer dollars from being used to fund abortions.
· Ensure federal emergency response system funding does not go to entities that support defunding or abolishing the police.
· Ban the use of critical minerals from China and the Taliban as well as from forced labor.
· Ensure federally recognized Indian Tribes aren’t subject to burdensome Green New Deal regulations.Prohibit the teaching of Critical Race Theory.
Washington, DC Office
2421 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, DC 20515 Phone: (202) 225-2701 Fax: (202) 225-3038 Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm ET
McAlester District Office
1 E. Choctaw, Suite 175 McAlester, OK 74501 Phone: (918) 423-5951 Fax: (918) 423-1940 Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm CT
Muskogee District Office
811-A N. York St., Muskogee, OK 74403 Phone: (918) 687-2533 Fax: (918) 686-0128 Hours: By appointment only.
Claremore District Office
223 W. Patti Page Blvd., Claremore, OK 74017 Phone: (918) 283-6262 Fax: (918) 923-6451 Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm CT