Mullin Reaffirms Commitment to Defending Life
Washington, January 21, 2022
Ahead of the anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, Congressman Markwayne Mullin (OK-2) reaffirmed his full support for protecting the lives of the unborn.
“Every human life is precious,” said Mullin. “As a father of six, I cannot express enough how precious the lives of innocent children are. From the moment of conception, each child is worthy of life and protection from harm. As Democrats in Congress continue to push their abortion-on-demand agenda, I will continue in my work to safeguard the rights of the unborn. As Americans, we have the moral, ethical, and personal responsibility to be the voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.”
Mullin is a cosponsor of several bills that reaffirm his commitment to pro-life policies including:
· H.R. 619 – The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, which requires appropriate medical care for children who survive abortion procedures and imposes strong criminal penalties for failure to provide such care.
· H.R. 541 – The Defund Planned Parenthood Act, which prohibits, for a one-year period, Planned Parenthood from accessing any federal mandatory or discretionary funds and authorizes $235 million to be reallocated to the thousands of comprehensive community health centers which do not perform abortions.
· H.R. 18 – The No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, which would make the Hyde Amendment and other current abortion funding prohibitions permanent and government-wide, and it would ensure the Affordable Care Act (ACA) faithfully conforms to the Hyde Amendment.
· H.Res.58 – Memorializing the unborn by lowering the United States flag to half-staff on the 22nd day of January each year.
· H.R. 380 – The Pregnant Women Health and Safety Act, which would require abortion providers to have admitting privileges to a local hospital and to adhere to basic safety standards.
· H.R. 381 – The Abortion Is Not Health Care Act, which ends the Internal Revenue Service’s treatment of out-of-pocket abortion costs as a medical expense.
· H.R. 188 – The Women’s Public Health and Safety Act, which gives states the freedom to defund Planned Parenthood through Medicaid.
· H.R. 243 – The Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act, which prohibits the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) from awarding family planning grants to entities that either perform abortions or entities which fund abortions elsewhere.Additionally, Mullin received at A+ rating from the Susan B. Anthony List for his pro-life voting record this congress.
Washington, DC Office
2421 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, DC 20515 Phone: (202) 225-2701 Fax: (202) 225-3038 Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm ET
McAlester District Office
1 E. Choctaw, Suite 175 McAlester, OK 74501 Phone: (918) 423-5951 Fax: (918) 423-1940 Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm CT
Claremore District Office
223 W. Patti Page Blvd., Claremore, OK 74017 Phone: (918) 283-6262 Fax: (918) 923-6451 Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm CT